WHAT IS A FURNISHED APARTMENT?
A furnished apartment is a rental unit fully equipped with all necessary furniture, kitchenware, electronics and linens, which is move-in ready for any traveller. It is also referred as corporate housing when dealing with companies reserving the apartment for their employees and executives. The apartments are mostly located in rental and condominium buildings which allow short term rentals of 30 days or longer.
Furnished apartments can be compared to a hotel room in a sense, because when you check-in, you will find your bed ready with clean sheets, pillows and comforter, everything very organized and fresh looking, and the bathroom will also be ready with clean towels, shower curtain and other details depending on the landlords. The biggest difference to a hotel will be that all these apartments have a kitchen which is fully equipped with pots and pans, plates, cups, glasses, silverware and other things needed to cook and prepare your meals. Most kitchens include microwave, toaster, coffee maker, kettle and refrigerator. Some of them may also include an oven and/or dishwasher. Utilities are, in most cases, set up in the apartment and included in the rent. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy an apartment that is Wi-fi and cable ready and avoid the hustle of connecting any of the services and then paying all the bills.
Furnished apartments can also be referred as sublets, which are apartments that individual resident rent out short term while he or she is away on a trip or when breaking a lease. Sublets will reflect a more personalized look vs a more standardized decor, and every sublet will vary to the individual subleasing the apartment.
MAIN BENEFITS OF A FURNISHED RENTAL
- Rental flexibility for short term periods of 30 days or longer
- Month to month rentals and renewal options.
- Simple and quick approvals.
- A great alternative for corporations, international employees and students and diplomats
- Lower priced alternative to corporate apartments and hotels
- Variety of styles, decor, living experience and pricing.
- Luxury options with washer & dryer in the unit
- Two and Three bedrooms alternatives for larger groups, families and shares
INCLUDED IN MOST APARTMENTS
- All furnishings such as dining table and chairs, sofa, cocktail table, dresser, bed, night tables, lamps, air conditioning units, flat screen TV
- All kitchenware including microwave, coffee maker and toaster
- Bedding and towels
- Iron and ironing board
- Blinds and/or curtains
- Water, gas, electricity, cable TV, and Wi-Fi
DIFFERENT TYPE OF BUILDINGS
Pre-War or Post-War Doorman elevator buildings:
Pre-war are refer to buildings built before WWII and they usually display the charming high ceilings with fire places, large layouts, thick walls and plaster ornamentation details.
- Townhouses or Brownstone buildings:
They are small apartment buildings, 5-6 floor high, which have no elevator. Just the old fashioned stairs to climb up. They are usually of high ceilings and charming layouts.
- Elevator buildings:
Some of them have been recently renovated and offer a nice roof-deck to the traveller. They have a laundry room that is shared by all tenants. They are secured with cameras and other devises.
- Luxury High rise buildings:
These are the buildings that will have amenities such as gym, pool, lounge areas, etc. In addition, they will have apartment options with city and river views. They include a 24hr doorman/concierge